<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Posted by Paul on Friday, July 09, 2004 at 7:25 PM

Cascade Classic, Bend, Oregon - Stage 1: Tumalo Time Trial (Master's race)


Description:
6.6 miles total, first 1.5-2 go uphill, then some steep down, then some rollers. I brought the full TT setup: cowhorns, aero bars, and Zipp deep dish wheels.

How it went:
My plan was to launch it as hard as I could on the hill. Since my climbing skillz are better than my flat TT skillz - I thought that would be the best strategy. At the top it looked like I had gained some time on my 30-second-man. But I was feeling it too. Finally got to the top and recovered a little before the downhill.

I got to the top, tried to roll it as fast as possible on the downhill section and the rollers, but I was definitely losing some time here. Blech. I soldiered on and finished in 15:55.

Avg HR: 170 bpm
Avg Speed: 24.8 mph
Result: 11th place, about 50 seconds back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?