<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Posted by Paul on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 at 9:52 AM

Today (Monday) we took it easy. We slept way late - at least until housekeeping decided to wake us up. Apparently when you shout "Can you come back later" that translates to "Please unlock the door and come in quickly" in Silver City. So we got up a little earlier than we wanted, but I am starting to catch up on my sleep.

My allergies are still bothering me and I'm hoping that was just a Bisbee thing. Neither of us was ready for the dry climate here. And both Bisbee and Silver City are a little hotter than we're used to - I think it's only the third or fourth time my pasty legs have seen the sun this year. So we'll come back with some cool Euro cycling tans.

Vaughn got a cable to hook up his computer to the TV, so now we can watch DVD's on our hotel TV - which by the way is a really nice 27 inch TV (in a Super 8?). And, we discovered that we've got OLN (Outdoor Life Network - cycling/outdoorsy channel). Score! And with shows like "Bouldering Smackdown" and "RV Today", we might not do any racing at all!!!

We've had our second meal in about 18 hours at this little restaurant across the street. It's the same one that Amy and I ate at when I was here in 1996. They have top notch New Mexican food. Chicken enchiladas, blue corn tortillas, red sauce and an egg. Yummmm! We were just missing the soapapillas with honey afterward. And - they've got pasta too!!!

Vaughn and I decided to scope out the courses for the 3rd and 5th stages. They both use the some of the same roads, but in different directions. I feel better after seeing them. There are some nasty descents. Some of the turns are all gravel, so hopefully they'll sweep them, but if not, I'll be on the lookout.

Oh yeah, and I know that last post of mine rivalled War and Peace so I'll be trying to be less verbose and go with some more pics. We'll be adding those sporadically, so check back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?